South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP) invites suitable applicants for Bursary Programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31st May 2021
SAMSTIP was initiated by ISASA with a vision to help solve the severe shortage of trained teachers in South Africa. Specifically, ISASA saw the need to have qualified teachers for science and mathematics. The organization collaborates with South Africa’s Department of Basic Education and Investec Bank.
To help fulfill its vision, SAMSTIP is providing bursaries to aspiring FET (Senior and Further Education and Training) teachers who specialize in mathematics and science in preparation for a twelve-month PGCE (Post-Graduate Certificate in Education) at the University of South Africa (UNISA).
The SAMSTIP Teacher Internship Bursaries 2022 is open to the public and is targeting only qualified applicants in the science and mathematics field. All applicants MUST meet the following qualifications.
- They must be students in tertiary institutions who are in their final year with credits in Mathematics, Life Science, Natural Science, or Physical Science.
- University graduates with the above degrees
- Applicants must be citizens of South Africa with a clean criminal record
- Applicants must be below thirty years old with majors in the above subjects
- Any graduate registered for PGCE with a tertiary institution is not eligible
- All applicants must have acceptance letters for PGCE 2022 academic year and must be qualified with all institutional and legal protocols
- All graduates MUST be at least in their second year (NQF -6) or 3rd year (NQF-6) in at least one of the above-mentioned academic subjects in a tertiary academic institution
- Tuition fees
- Textbooks (only those prescribed)
- A small monthly stipend
How to apply
Note that all applications shall be done and submitted online by visiting https://www.samstip.org/intern-applications-for-2022/.
- Certified copy of your identity document
- Certified copy of your matric certificate
- Your academic transcript printed on the letterhead of your tertiary institution
- Your degree or diploma certificate
- Proof that you have applied for admission or is admitted at UNISA
- Certified copy of your current tertiary record if you are in a tertiary institution
If you don’t receive any response whether you qualified or not, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.