South African-German Centre for Development Research invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
The South African-German Centre for Development Research aims to produce future-proof leaders who can stand up to the social, economic, and political challenges brought on by the development process. The Centre offers research-oriented programmes that come from the fields of social science (e.g. political science, macroeconomics) administrative science, and economics.
Fields of study
Suitably qualified students in the Sub-Saharan region are invited to submit their application to receive scholarship assistance in pursuit of their master’s degree study in any of the following fields:
- MA in Public Administration
- MA in Development Studies
- MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme)
For MA in Public Administration and Development Studies applicants:
- Applicants are expected to thoroughly review the specific admission requirements as well as application procedures of their chosen programme
- Must be a resident of any Sub-Saharan country
- Must have attained nothing lower than 70% in most recently completed degree (within the last six years)
- Previous study must be relevant to Public Administration or Development Studies and completed at a well-known university
- South African applicants will need to possess an honours qualification to apply
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English
- Preferably with work or voluntary background in their field of interest
- Must be available for full-time study
For MA in Development Management applicants:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree qualification in social science, political science, geography, economics, law or any other qualification relevant to development programme evaluation and planning
- Certified background in, or relevant to development programmes/projects management for over one month, or teaching and research obtained from an institution of higher learning
- Minimum TOEFL proficiency of 79-180 iBT or 213 CBT, or IELTS Band 6.0
How to apply
Eligible applicants who wish to apply will need to fill out an online application form. Be sure to have the following support documents ready before accomplishing the application form. Hold in mind that the online application form can only be submitted once, so be absolutely sure it is complete before submitting.
- Letter of motivation
- CV using a europass template. Access and fill out the form here
- Submit the following certificates:
- University certificates indicating academic title received, as well as single marks achieved (full academic transcript)
- Language certificates which indicate level of English (and German, if applicable) proficiency at the time of application
- Proof of current or previous employment or other relevant work experience
- Passport photo
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Two recommendation letters (professional and academic)
Eligible applicants will need access the University’s online application platform to apply for the scholarship.
The post South African-German Centre for Development Research: Bursary Programme 2021 appeared first on DreamyHub.